Jumat, 22 Februari 2013

Giving and Responding to Compliments

Compliments are expression of admiration, respect or praise. We all like to receive compliment, they make us feel good about ourselves.
There are 4 various kinds of compliment, namely:
Compliments of appearance (pujian pada penampilan)

  1. You really have….
  2. You look…..
  3. How …. you look tonight
  4. I like your…., it’s very…
  5. I love your…., it’s very…

Compliments on skill or talents (pujian pada skill atau bakat)
  1. I didn’t know you could….well.
  2. Your….so well/getting better/getting stronger.
  3. You are great/smart….

Compliments on work accomplished (pujian pada hasil kerja/kemahiran)
  1. I don’t know how you did it, but….
  2. Congratulations. I heard you/your…. . That is great news.
  3. This/these….is/are very delicious.

Compliments on possessions (pujian pada barang/orang)
  1. Your new….is very nice/good.
  2. Your….is generous/lovely.
  3. I like your…., it’s very….
  4. I love your…., it’s very….
Many kinds of the expressions are used to give compliment  to others as below :
  • Wonderful.
  • Congratulation
  • You look handsome/beautiful tonight
  • Wow, Fantastic.
  • That's great
  • Well done.
  • How beautiful you look.
  • Wow.. beautiful.
  • What a good appearance I see.
  • You look great.
  • Good job.
Contoh dalam bentuk dialog :

Staff      : What a beautiful dress, Ms. Elliot.
Guest    :Thanks, I’m glad you like it.

Staff      : Your new hair-do looks absolutely gorgeous, Mrs. Simpson.
Guest    : How kind of you to say so.
Guest    : My compliments to the chef. This linguine is superb.
Staff      : Thank you ma’am. I’ll be sure to let the chef know.
Guest    : Your English is very good.
Staff      : Thank you very much.

Staff      : Excellent game Mr. Johnson. You really gave me a workout.
Guest    : Thanks, I guess all those private lessons are finally paying off.
Guest    : I really appreciate all the extra work you did on helping us solve that problem. It truly went above and beyond. My compliments to your work ethic.
Staff      : Thank you sir, how kind of you to say so.

Note* : Compliments itu ungkapan dalam pujian.

2 komentar:

http://adiwidget.com/adiCode.htm